Sometimes printing doesn’t go as smoothly as you would like. Canon Printing Station Offline Error, with its many issues, is the one that makes you feel like you’re driving up the wall every time it stops to print a job. Canon Printer Offline Issue is a common problem, but it can be fixed. Before you attempt to turn your Canon printer offline into an online version, it is important to understand the common causes of this error. Read more canon mg3000 wireless setup.
Find the Reasons Why Canon Printer Offline Issue
A printer could go offline for many reasons. It is important that the printer user also knows about the reasons for an offline error.
- Problem with connection
- USB cable or loose wire
- Sleep mode for printers
- The printer is currently in paused mode
- Paper-jam issue
- Empty the paper tray
- Slow internet connection
- Malware or virus attack
- Software and drivers for corrupt printers
- After an update, printer drivers no longer support new Windows.
Steps To Fix Canon Printer Offline Error
There are many efficient ways to resolve the Canon Printer Out of Service Problem. This blog will cover all possible solutions. Follow each step and attempt to solve the problem yourself. Here are some of the most effective steps to take:
Step 1: Connect your printer to Wi-Fi
Start with the basics before you try anything else. Connect your printer to the internet.
- To disconnect your router from your printer, first ‘Forget’ it.
- Connect it to your printer. Connect both devices using a USB cable.
- If you prefer to connect your wireless printer wirelessly to the internet router, open the WiFi Wizard Setup Window on your touch screen printer. Connect through it.
- Hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer until it blinks.
- When you’re certain that your printer is working and the blue light starts blinking, move over to your router and hit the WPS button.
- These methods will allow you to connect your printer to Wifi once again.
Step 2: Turn off the “Use Printer Offline” option from your PC.
- Click the “Start” button, then enter “Control Panel” into the search bar.
- Next, select “Hardware & Sound” from the available sub-categories
- On the next window, click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Right-click your Canon printer, and click “See what is printing.”
- Click on the drop-down menu to click on “Printer” present at the top-left of the screen.
- Check that “Use printer offline” is not checked. If it is checked then you can remove the tick mark from the box and save your changes.
- After you’ve made your changes, click “Cancel All Documents” to close them all and connect your Canon printer once again.
If your Canon printer is still in offline mode, you can try the next method.
Step 3: Start your printer spooler
Printer Spooler handles all print jobs sent to the printer. Restart the Spooler service to see if it can fix the Canon offline printer issue.
- Press Windows key + R simultaniously
- This will open the Run Box. Now enter services.msc, and hit Enter.
- You will find a list with Windows services in the ‘Services” window. Continue pressing P to highlight Printer Spooler.
- Right-click the Printer Spooler, and choose Properties from the dropdown menu.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- For the moment, Printer Spooler will be deactivated. You can now delete the printing jobs.
- This open Window Explorer and open C Drive >> Windows >> Windows >> Spool >> PRINTERS
- A pop-up message will appear asking for permission. Continue.
- Once the folder is open, close it and return to the General tab.
- Restart the spooler service. Change the Startup Type of spooler to Automatic
- Restart your computer and run a print test to confirm that the offline error has disappeared.
Step 4: Update Your Canon Printer Drivers
If none of the above work, your printer driver is likely to be the problem. You will need to first uninstall the printer driver and then manually reinstall it.
The official Canon setup website is available for download. Follow these steps to correctly reinstall your Canon printer drivers after downloading the required drivers and software.
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously to open Run window
- Now, open Device Manager >> Print Queues in the submenu
- Next, right-click on the printer hardware to select Update Driver
- The window will now ask you a question: “How do I want to search for the driver?”
- Click on ‘Browse My Computer for Driver Software, then move on.
Select the option to install drivers for your printer, and then update as necessary.
- Reboot your computer and check if the error has been fixed.
These steps will help you convert your canon printer to an online version.