Want to access the company files from one of the workstations, but every attempt of yours serving no results futile because of QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue? If yes, then you have landed on the absolutely right page. Generally, such type of multi user mode issue occurs when the security settings of the Windows Defender Firewall block QuickBooks from connecting to the internet. Nonetheless, there can be other reasons too behind QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue that we aim to explain to you, alongside all the possible troubleshooting solutions with the help of this post.
To get live troubleshooting assistance to overcome QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue, you can contact our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue?
Apart from the interference by the Windows Defender Firewall security settings, the followings are the reasons due to which QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue happens:
- QuickBooks Desktop does not have Windows access permissions to share the company files over a multi-user network.
How to get rid of QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue safely?
Solution 1) Arrange the security settings of Windows Defender Firewall for QuickBooks
- Select the Windows Start icon.
- Enter “Windows Defender Firewall” into the search box and select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Pick the Advanced Settings option.
- Right-click the Inbound Rules option and then choose the New Rule option.
- Pick the Port option and then hit the Next button.
- Confirm that the TCP option is marked.
- In the Specific local ports box, type in the particular ports required for your QuickBooks version.
- Hit the Next button.
- Pick the Allow the Connection option and then hit the Next button.
- If prompted, make certain all profiles are marked.
- Hit the Next button.
- Make a new rule with the title “QBPorts(year).”
After that, hit the Finish button.
- Follow the steps mentioned above in the same sequence to create outbound rules for QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2) Manually set up Windows access permissions to share the company files
- On the server computer, select the Windows Start icon.
- Search for Windows Explorer and open Windows Explorer.
- Double-select the C: drive and navigate to the path, “Users\Public\Public
- Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks/Company Files.”
- Right-click on the Company Files folder and select the Properties option.
- Go to the Security tab and then click on the Edit button.
- Pick QBDataServiceUserXX and checkmark the checkbox for Full Control.
- Hit the Allow button.
- Select the Apply button and then click on the OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your workstation and try to access your company files.
In case you fail to rectify QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue even after implementing the troubleshooting solutions that we have mentioned above, then QuickBooks Database Server Manager might be failing to locate your company files on the server computer. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server computer. For additional troubleshooting assistance to get rid of QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.