How to Efficiently Tackle QuickBooks Error 15240
QuickBooks software is one of the prominent software that most people prefer to manage their financial section of the business. No matter how small-scale or large-scale an organization it is, the application can be used by all. In fact, it has various versions for all kinds of businesses. It also has various features and services that make it effortless for users to differentiate and systemize their work. One such service is payroll, which is concerned with keeping the records of an employee’s salary. However, while using it, one can come up with different glitches, like QuickBooks error 15240. It encounters when you cannot update the payroll, and a message appears saying, “Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully”. To debug the error, we have discussed a few solutions in this article.
To get help from one of our experts regarding the QuickBooks payroll update error, call us at our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
What are the Major Factors That Affects the Payroll Update Error 15240 in QuickBooks?
If you are unable to figure out what is restricting you from downloading the payroll tax table to the latest release, then you check out the reasons enlisted further-
- The third-party applications and the anti-virus installed on your computer system might be one of the reasons. They can prevent you from using the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- The internet settings in Internet Explorer might is not compatible with using the QuickBooks Desktop, due to which you are incurring the problem.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File
Resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15240 With These Two Solutions
Have you been attempting to get rid of the payroll update error but could not find a suitable troubleshooting method? Now, with the help of the solutions given below, you will be able to fix the error entirely. Ensure that you do not miss any of the steps-
SOLUTION 1: Create Exceptions for qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe Executable Files
- Tap on the ‘Start’ menu on your Windows desktop and on the search bar type ‘Windows Firewall’.
- Move to ‘Advanced Settings’ and after that right-click on ‘Inbound Rules’.
- Choose ‘New Rule’ and after that ‘Program’.
- Tap ‘Next’, ‘This Program Path’, and then click ‘Browse’.
- Select the ‘qbw32.exe’ executable file and hit ‘Next’.
- Now, tap ‘Allow the Connection’, then ‘Next’.
- Checkmark all the profiles and choose ‘Next’.
- Finally, create a rule.
SOLUTION 2: Checkmark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 checkboxes to adjust the Internet Explorer Settings
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Once you hit the icon, select ‘Internet Options’.
- Now, hit ‘Advanced ’ and after that ‘Security’.
- Next, checkmark the ‘Use SSL 2.0’ and ‘Use SSL 3.0’ checkboxes.
- At last, hit ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’.
As the blog ends here, we suppose by now you must have been able to fix the QuickBooks error 15240 appropriately. These methods of debugging the problem have been tried and tested by our experts and hence, are useful. In case you still face some issues, immediately get in touch with our technical assistance team via Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Related Searches : I am Getting Update Error 15240, QuickBooks 2018 Error Message 15240, QuickBooks Enterprise Error Code 15240