Get Rid of QuickBooks Script Error Using Effective Techniques
In today’s modern world, digital technologies have made people’s lives much more convenient. One of its leading examples is the accounting software QuickBooks. This user-friendly accounting solution proves as a boon for business owners and accountants. However, you may come across various technical bugs while using it. One of the common ones is the QuickBooks script error. Users typically encounter it when accessing a web page from a QuickBooks 2016 application in Windows 7, 8, and 10. In this article, you’ll find about the causes of this error message and fixes to get rid of it.
Why Do You See QuickBooks Script Error
- Disabled or blocked script processing functions.
- Malware or infection in your computer.
- Damaged script plugin or software.
- The data downloaded from the web source is not compatible with the script’s software format.
- The cache folder of your default browser is corrupted.
- You have enabled the script debugging feature.
- A third-party application blocks the script function.
- Damaged QB data file.
Read More:- QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification Exam Questions
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Script Error
After knowing about the various reasons behind this problem, you are now better positioned to rectify it. Keep reading to learn the different troubleshooting techniques you can implement to fix this error.
1. Clear cache data
Clearing cache data can help you fix the script error code in QuickBooks. Follow the steps below to clear it.
- Launch the Internet Explorer and tap the ‘Tools’ option.
- Now, tap on the ‘Internet Options’ and click on the ‘General’ tab.
- Under the browsing history, tap the ‘Delete‘ option.
- Next, tick every option like ‘History’, ‘Cookies’, and ‘Temporary internet files.’
- Tap ‘Apply‘ followed by ‘OK.’
2. Disable add-ons in Internet Explorer.
Turning off add-ons is an easy yet effective resolution to fix this error code. To disable them, follow these steps.
- Launch the Internet Explorer and head over to ‘Tools.’
- Tap on ‘Internet Options.’ Here, select the ‘Programs’ tab and then tap on ‘Manage Add-ons.’
- After that, tap on ‘Add-on‘ and choose ‘Disable‘ from your screen’s bottom side.
- Tap ‘OK‘ and close the Internet Explorer.
3. Remove SSL certificates from Internet Explorer.
Another way to resolve the script error in QuickBooks is by clearing the SSL certificates from Internet Explorer. To do it, follow these points.
- Tap the Gear icon present at the top of the Internet Explorer.
- After that, choose ‘Internet Options.’
- Below the ‘Content‘ tab, hit the button of ‘Clear SSL State.’
- Next, tap ‘OK‘ and save all the changes. You might not notice this error again.
4. Set Internet Explorer as the default browser
If the fixes mentioned till now did not help you resolve the script error, don’t worry. There are more resolutions to try. One of them is setting Internet Explorer as your default browser. You can do it by following the points given below.
- Start by opening the Internet Explorer.
- Then choose ‘Tools.’
- After that, select ‘Internet Options.’
- Click the ‘Advanced‘ tab.
- Lastly, tap ‘Reset‘ to default.
5. Add Intuit as a trusted site.
Adding Intuit as a trusted site in Internet Explorer can also help you fix QuickBooks script error. You can add this site to your list of the trusted website by following these steps.
- Launch Internet Explorer and navigate to the ‘Security‘ tab.
- Below the section of ‘Trusted Sites‘, add Intuit.com as a trusted site and return to the window of Trusted Sites.
- Untick the option of ‘Require server verification (HTTPS).’
- Close the Trusted Sites window and untick the option of ‘Enable Protected Mode.’
- Close Internet Explorer and try running the QB Desktop again.
By following these simple troubleshooting techniques, you can resolve the script error in QuickBooks. All the measures are effective and easy to follow. But if the error persists, don’t hesitate to dial the QuickBooks customer service number. The professionals will resolve this and various other errors in QB speedily.
Source URL – https://www.ziggar.net/get-rid-of-quickbooks-script-error-using-effective-techniques/