What to do to enable Gmail App for Windows?
If you have Windows 10, then you might know that there is a simple way to view the Google email. You also can view contacts, and calendars by using the built-in app from the App Store instead of using Outlook. This service is an excellent email client for corporate staff. Well before Windows 10, you only can access your Gmail using outlook or leave the tab open in Chrome for all emails. It is simple to enable Gmail App for Windows with just a few steps.
Steps to Setup Gmail on Windows 10 Mail App
To start, you have to set up the Mail app first. The main thing is that all three apps are integrated into Windows 10. When you add a Google account to one app, it will be automatically added to another two options. Apart from this, each app has links to the other applications in the sidebar, so it is simple to switch between the applications.
You can open the Mail app and for that, go to the Start and enter the Mail. The top result will look like Mail- Trusted Microsoft Store App.
Let’s Start the Procedure
The Mail app is differentiated into three sections. Check the left sidebar to check the email accounts list and folders as well. In the mid where there is a short description of all messages in that folder. It will appear and the right panel will show the complete certain email.
- Click on the Accounts from the left-sidebar
- Then, go to the Add Account from the right panel that appears on the screen
- There will be a pop-up dialog where one can select the email service provider
It is simple to add the Outlook.com account, Yahoo email, exchange account, POP or IMAP, or iCloud email to enable the email account. When it comes to us, one can choose Google and move ahead. Enter the Google email address and click on Allow-to-allow Windows to access your email, contacts, and calendars.
When you are all set, you will see a successful email that indicates the account has been there in Windows. All of the emails from the inbox of Gmail will show on inside the Mail App. You can notice that the Mail App will show the Inbox folder and you are all set now.
About Gmail Labels
While moving ahead, you have to click on the More link. It will load all of the rest of the Gmail Labels that are folders from the Mail App. Well, the panel will disappear when you click off it, therefore if you have access to various labels all the time.
It is really interesting when you right-click and select Add to Favorites. These labels will be there under the Inbox folder and can be easily accessible all the time.
By default, the Mail app will download emails from the last 3 months. If you have to change that, you will need to go to the settings. If the left-sidebar isn’t there then, you can expand it by clicking on the three-horizontal lines that appear at the top left. Now, click on the gear Settings icon at the bottom right of the sidebar.
The gmail steps are-
- You will see a slide-in panel from the far right. It will allow you to adjust several settings for the Mail app. You have to click on Manage Account from the top.
- There you have to click on the email account where you have to adjust settings. In this case, it is for the Gmail account
- There you have to click on the account. You will see a dialog box where you can change the email account name
- This is the tome to delete it or change the mailbox synchronize Settings
- When you click on that option, it will load the Sync settings of the Gmail dialog
- You can select the new email which should be downloaded. You have to download the internet messages and full message
- Below that, you will see the change and for that, you can synchronize the calendars and contacts. You can even download email from.
- The only other option past 3 months is the “Any Time” option that will download all messages regardless of the date
At last, you can disable email, contacts, or calendar particularly if you like. It is noticeable that you can adjust the settings in the same way in the Contacts and Calendar apps as well
Here you are all set and no you can easily access all of your messages. Enabling the Gmail app for Windows is the only way to access all of your emails in one place. You also can use Windows Mail to access the Gmail app and contact Gmail if you are facing any issues.