Why should you have a full body check-up?
Every one of us knows that knowledge is power. It becomes crucial for you when it relates to the attainment of knowledge about your health. Knowing your health well helps you be aware of it and take the essential steps to stop it getting worse. And there is no better option than a regular full body checkup at home to keep yourself healthy.
What does a full body health checkup package cover?
What a regular health checkup package includes differs from a path lab to another. However, it usually consists of 50-100 parameters. Most of regular health test package includes:
- Thyroid profile T3 T4 TSH
- Kidney function tests
- Lipid profile
- Liver function tests
- CBC or complete blood count
- Uric acid & calcium
- And many more
The right time for having a full body test
You already know that a regular health check-up helps you detect a disease before it starts creating problems for you. Therefore, there is no set time to go for it. You can go for a full body test once in three months, six months or a year. In your 20s and 30s, your body test includes:
- BMI, hip and waist measurements
- Blood pressure
- Breast examination
- Certain cancer checks
- Dental check and cleaning
- Glucose levels
- Pap smear and STD screenings if you are highly sexually active
Your regular health checkup in your 40s should include:
- Eye checks
- Risk Assessment Test for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk Assessment test for Cardiovascular health
- Mammogram for women
- PSA for men
When you are in your 50s and 60s, you should have health check-ups for hearing impairment, bowel cancer, osteoporosis, and visual acuity in addition to a regular one.
Benefits of having a full body check-up
Going through a regular full body health test offers numerous advantages. Here are some of them to make you understand why you should go for full body check-up:
- Early detection – A regular full-body health test helps you detect a disease or health issue as it starts to develop. Several studies have proved that regular check-ups help you detect around 92% of the causes that can lead you to early death or severe health problems. This figure rises up to 96% in females. Due to early detection, your doctor will help you get rid of a disease completely. It means you will have 100% success in treating a disease.
- Prevention against illness – According to the CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention), preventing a disease is better than to treat people after they fall ill. A full body health checkup can help you take steps that can prevent you from getting ill or having a health problem.
What should you do if there is a disease detection?
There is no need to worry about a disease if your regular health checkup detects it. Instead of getting worried, you should consult your family doctor and seek his/her advice. Go through the test results, the doctor will help you treat the detected disease with an effective treatment. If required, your doctor may advise you to book an appointment with a respective specialist. Early consultation and treatment will help you recover soon and stay healthy throughout your life.
Having a full body checkup is crucial for each one of you in today’s world. Being aware of what a regular health test includes and going through the same will help you detect a disease in the initial stage. Further, it helps you prevent yourself from falling ill. Before having a full body health test package, you can consult your doctor. Your consultation with a doctor will help you know what and when health checkups you should go for.