Why liver cirrhosis occurs, how to prevent it
So prevention of cirrhosis is better than treatment. Because, in many cases, it is possible to prevent the disease. An estimated 8 to 1 million people in Bangladesh suffer from cirrhosis. It is possible to prevent a lot of this by creating awareness.
What is the function of the liver
The location of the liver on the right side of the upper part of the human abdomen, which performs metabolism in the human body.
The liver is the main supplier of essential albumin and other proteins to the body. Several components that keep blood flowing are made . The liver also plays an important role in expelling many contaminants from our body, wastes, and metabolic wastes of medicines.
Liver cirrhosis can present with a variety of symptoms. Fatigue and weakness, loss of appetite, weight loss are very early symptoms. May cause jaundice. Sometimes jaundice is so mild that routine tests can detect sudden liver function tests.
Why is cirrhosis of the liver
Under normal conditions, the liver tissue is soft and smooth. When cirrhosis occurs, the tissues of the become hard and granular. With the structural changes , its function gradually loses its function and at times becomes dysfunctional.
Liver cirrhosis can occur for a variety of reasons. Excessive alcohol consumption is the leading cause of cirrhosis in the developed world. In underdeveloped and developing countries, long-term transmission of hepatitis B, hepatitis C and hepatitis D viruses usually causes liver cirrhosis update like.
Nash (non-alcoholic steatohepatitis) is one of the most important causes of liver cirrhosis worldwide. There are many patients with fatty. . Other rare causes of cirrhosis include Wilson’s disease, hemochromatosis, and alpha-one antripsin deficiency.
Hepatitis B and C are blood-borne diseases. Even using the same needle-syringe can spread these two viruses. Even using salon scissors, razors, etc. without disinfection can spread these viruses. Unprotected sex also causes hepatitis B and C virus infections.
Liver cirrhosis can be largely prevented. It is only possible to prevent the causes of cirrhosis
Alcoholic cirrhosis is not very common in our country. However, nowadays its rate is gradually increasing. The rate of fatty disease is also increasing rapidly. Uncontrolled diabetes, high sugars especially triglycerides, uncontrolled eating habits and excess body weight are some of the causes of fatty .
- Liver cirrhosis can present with a variety of symptoms. Fatigue and weakness, loss of appetite, health , weight loss are very early symptoms. May cause jaundice.
- Many may have vomiting and black blood in the stool.
- It is not uncommon for cancer to develop gradually from cirrhosis of the. In that case there is a hard wheel in the stomach and water accumulates.
What is the treatment?
The treatment of liver cirrhosis is quite complex. The treatment is also frustrating. This is because the specific treatment is transplant, which is very expensive. Apart from that, it is very difficult to find a donor in our country.
Patients with cirrhosis need a special diet. Constipation causes encephalopathy, so try to keep the stool soft at all times. The blood pressure in the blood vessels inside the abdomen is high. However, most medications such as sleeping pills, painkillers, etc. are harmful for cirrhosis patients.
Resistance is better
Liver cirrhosis can be largely prevented. It is only possible to prevent the causes of cirrhosis.
- There are currently effective vaccines to prevent the hepatitis B virus. Everyone, big or small, has to take it. In the expanded immunization program in the country, children are vaccinated free of cost. Adults who have not taken it can buy the vaccine.
- It is very important to ensure safe blood circulation. If you need to take blood, you must take a blood test from a safe blood donor. Blood trafficking is completely illegal and dangerous.
- Disposable syringes, razors etc. should be used. Intravenous drug addicts have the highest risk of developing cirrhosis. Because, they often use a few of the same syringes. So avoid drugs and alcohol.
- Unprotected sexual intercourse should be avoided.
- Anyone infected with the hepatitis B or C virus should seek immediate medical attention and treatment from a gastroenterologist. There are currently effective treatments for these infections. This is because cirrhosis is caused by a long-term infection.