Over the years, space has been named as one of the biggest constraints that we are living with. In this regard, gone are the days when one could live in a sprawling property with a tiny kitchen garden on the back and a yard on the front. If you have a green thumb, living in vertical spaces can prove to be quite a challenge. Over the years, indoor plants and vertical gardening have gained the attention of many budding gardeners. This article is all about discovering these techniques and making a sanctuary full of plants.
Why have indoor plants become so popular over the years?
More and more corporate buildings tend to shift towards including plants as part of their design elements as these have been found to reduce suck time and give a boost to serotonin employees. Apart from those, indoor plants also seem to have been a favorite of designers all around the globe, making choices that look aesthetically viable. Coming to the functionality aspect of things, indoor plants also help to freshen up the air inside cramped up spaces and circulate fresh oxygen during day time.
A misconception that indoor plants have successfully cleared up over the years is that they are surprisingly easy to look after. Some are perfectly capable of thriving without even being watered for weeks. When you buy air purifying plants online, they end up acting as great noise canceling elements as well and help with acoustics along the way. During winter, these plants give you the benefit of a greenhouse effect inside your home where the temperature stays warm and ambient. And you do not get hit by the cold air from outside.
What are some tips to keep in mind when caring for indoor plants?
- Since sunlight coming into homes can be an issue at times, it is important to ensure that you spin your plants. Around every week so that all sides get an equal amount of light and can grow evenly.
- It is also important to remember to fertilize your plants only during the summer and spring. During winter, most plants have reduced capacities to break down the nutrients from the soil.
- If you buy air purifying plants online from the best online indoor plant nursery, you will notice that these have holes in them. This is complete to ensure that drainage won’t be an issue in case of overwatering.
- If you have warm climates, then it is also recommend that you take the plants out in open areas like a balcony and let them grow in the shade.
- Many people tend not to keep track of how much water they have been feeding their plants. In that case, it is wise to invest in a moisture meter that can provide water level readings.
- Keep a lookout if the water seems to be stagnating at the bottom of the planter. This calls for immediately draining off this excess water.
- When you buy air purifier plants for office, also remember to get some systematic insecticide alongside as this helps to keep a lot of the pesky bug infestations away.
- A brown leaf is a natural part of the life cycle of a plan. But you can opt to cut these brown parts and facilitate growth as well.
- While dusting plants might seem like it’s a far-fetched idea, it is important to ensure that the surface of the leaves stays clean to facilitate photosynthesis.
- Be on the lookout for any tiny tubers or bulbs growing alongside the plants. As these can lead to new springs coming to life.
What makes for a good indoor plant to have in your home?
Since your indoor plants will not be having the benefit of growing in soil outdoors. It makes it essential to check if the plants have a healthy root system. Most smaller plants can be unpot and check for root health. A sign of healthy roots would be that they are white and plump.
Foliage plays a major role as well when it comes to the overall health of the plant. Foliage is often the first indicator when it comes to a plant’s health. The deeper and lusher the foliage is, the healthier the plant is deem to be. To maintain good foliage, ensure you keep ambient conditions and eliminate any pests.
Buy air purifier plants for office from the best indoor plant nursery means that most of the plants that you purchase will be healthy. However, it is important to keep a lookout for any signs of illness and tiny pests that you might be carrying into your home. These pests can soon latch onto other plants in your home and completely wreak havoc in that small ecosystem.
There are a wide variety of options when it comes to selecting indoor plants. Most indoor plants are broadly categorized as succulents, cacti, palms, and ferns. These greatly vary in care from one another. Succulents are notorious for requiring less water, while ferns prefer a moist environment like that of bathrooms. Palms thrive the best when they are keep in bright sunny areas and have an arid air condition all around. Other plants, especially those that are regular flowering plants. Need a lot of sunshine, and it is advise to place them near windows. Others like fiddle leaf figs need an ample amount of water to grow.
When it comes to selecting the kind of indoor plant you want to buy. Make sure you scope out the place you are living in and map the plants accordingly. A huge variety of indoor plants can be purchase from nurseries and home improvement stores. These days one can find a wide array of these over the internet as well. These services ensure that the plants are pack properly. And a minimum amount of damage is incur during the transit process. All you need to do is type in some personal details, and at a click of the fingers. Your indoor plant is now ready to grace your home.