Even though modern printers have all the latest technology, it is still a problem when your printer goes offline. Today’s post will explain why your printer isn’t working and how to fix it.
Why is my Brother printer not working?
External factors can cause printers to Brother Printer shows offline. You can find out the exact reason your printer is offline by following these steps.
- Make sure your printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
- You should make sure your printer is set as the default printer on your computer.
- After turning off your printer, wait 30 seconds before you turn it on again.
- Clear all print commands that are in the queue
- Take out your printer and place it back.
- Once you have completed all of the steps above, you can restart your computer.
This troubleshooting guide is applicable to all printer brands, including Brother, Canon and Epson, Samsung, Lexmark, Ricoh, Toshiba, Konica Minolta, and Samsung.
What time does the printer turn off?
Your printer will go offline if it fails to connect to your computer. This issue can be caused by a variety of factors, including the age of your printer, the version of drivers used, and compatibility with your attached computer.
This issue is most commonly caused by missing or obsolete driver updates. The printer drivers are an important piece of software that ensures the hardware’s proper operation. Inadequate printer drivers can cause slow printing and other problems.
A prolonged absence of use for your printer is another common cause. Pressing the power button for one second will wake up your printer.
How do I switch my printer between “offline” and “online” in Windows 10?
It appears that your printer is not communicating with the attached computer. We have compiled a list of steps that will help you get your printer online again.
- Click on the image to search “Printers and scanners” in your search bar.
- A new window will open for Printers & Scanners.
- Click on “Open Queue” to select your printer from the list.
- Click on the “Printer” button in the upper right corner of the box.
- Check “Use printer offline”
How to fix a Mac printer offline
Software incompatibility is the main reason why a printer can go offline on Mac. It is possible that the driver installed in your printer has become corrupted, outdated, or infected by malware. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot and resolve your printer offline problem on Mac.
System Updates Check:
- Click on the Apple menu, and choose “About this Mac”.
- Make sure to update your version.
- Click on “Software Update”.
Check for Printer Updating:
- Click on the Apple menu and select “System Preferences”.
- Press “Remove” to select your printer from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “+” to add your printer.
- After you have installed your printer, go to the Apple menu >System Preferences >Software Update.
How to fix a Brother Printer Issue Offline for Mac
Follow the steps below to fix your Brother Printer for Mac that isn’t responding or is offline.
- If your printer is not in sleep mode, you can usually wake it by pressing the power button briefly.
- Verify that the printer is not prompting you for errors. Examine the cartridge and paper tray.
- After following these steps, restart the printer and send another print job.
- Open the Brother Smart Application on your computer if the printer is still not printing. If you don’t have this installed, you can download it from Brother Smart for Mac.
- After you have opened the application, click “Diagnose & fix” and then click on printers.
- After the diagnosis is complete, take a test print to confirm that the issue has been resolved.
- If none of the above steps solve your problem, you can reset your printer system