One of the most important things you should do when starting a new business is to register it. One can choose to register a company offline or online. This article will explain why online registration of companies is better than offline registration.
The benefits of registering a company online.
The benefits of registering a company online include the following:
- You can save time. If you are busy running your business, the last thing that you want is to spend hours at the post office or waiting in line at the government offices. Registering your new company online is quick, easy and convenient for everyone involved.
- You can save money. Like buying anything online, it’s cheaper to buy something already designed than to make all the arrangements yourself from scratch. This applies equally when registering your business, meaning less cost is spent on creating documents, printing them out and getting them signed by others.
The process of registration.
To register a company in Australia, you should get an Australian Business Number (ABN). Once you have this number, then it’s time to get started on setting up your company by registering for an Australian Company Number or ACN and incorporating as a legal entity through ASIC (Australian Securities & Investments Commission) with options like Trustee Companies or Limited Liability Partnerships available if required by the legislation of where you live at the time of incorporation. Usually, this will be NSW, but specific rules may vary depending on where exactly they’re located within NSW. Please consult an expert before deciding what type of incorporation structure would suit them best based on their unique circumstances).
Australian Business Number (ABN)
A business number (or Australian Business Number, or ABN) is a unique identifier for your business in Australia. It’s a nine-digit number allocated to you by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) that identifies your business entity and allows you to operate legally in Australia.
How to get an ABN?
To apply for an ABN online, simply enter your details online. Once your application has been processed, you can proceed further.
What can one use the registration numbers on?
Your registration codes are used on invoices and other government forms, so they’re significant in helping you understand how much tax you must pay on your income.
Are ACN and ABN the same?
ACN and ABN are different, yet they are both used for business registration. ACN is a business number allocated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC), while ABN refers to an Australian Business Number (ABN). Each of them functions as a unique identifier for your company. Only one of these numbers can be assigned to an individual or company.
Why you should opt for online registration:
Some of the best benefits include the following:
- Online registration is faster and easier. It can be done from anywhere, at any time of the day or night. You won’t have to wait or make an appointment before you can register a company.
- Online registration is less expensive than offline registration because you don’t have to pay for services like printing and postage. Also, there are no hidden fees like those that may be charged by a lawyer or accountant specialising in setting up businesses for others.
- Online registration is more secure than offline registration because it doesn’t involve sending documents via email (which could easily get lost) or mailing them by snail mail (which takes longer).
As you can see, there are many benefits to registering your company online. You should never hesitate to register your business online just because you think it is impossible or will be too complicated for you. Many service providers are offering you this kind of service. So why wait? Get started today.