Golden Rules Of Social Media Management
Social media has become a core component of the marketing industry. Not only is social media valuable for reaching a large audience. But it can be used to track which tactics are proving most successful as well. In fact, in the last year alone 20% of Americans used Facebook for its function as an outlet for business expansion.
However, this newfound influence does not come without its fair share of pitfalls and potential hazards such as account hijacking and cyberbullying. As a matter of fact, 33% percent of users have experienced one or more forms of abuse from strangers on social networks like Twitter and Facebook. For any help with social media, you can seek guidance from SEO Company Vancouver and get the best help.
To make matters worse, an additional 62% percent have found their privacy violated by others. This has sparked a greater need for social media managers to be well-versed in the best practices of controlling their accounts. In fact 63% percent of those who manage social media accounts use blocked lists, while over 60% use the following tips:
- Monitor comments on your pages using an RSS feed so you are alerted of negative feedback immediately.
- Block spam accounts with real names.
- Do not allow others to post more than once every 24 hours.
- Monitor your Facebook profile including your friends list and privacy settings.
- Check older posts on your Twitter history to make sure they have not been changed by hackers.
- Block users who you do not want to follow back or interact with your account on social networks.
Social media managers must also keep a careful watch over the content they post on their page. However, hacking of social media has become a concerning trend in recent years. A survey conducted by Tech Central Station found that 25% percent of users in 2008 and 2009 experienced hacking.
- PROMOTE YOUR COMPANY- Corporations that have a strong social media presence are seen as having a “human” touch. They are part of society, not separate from it.
- DON’T BE AFRAID OF APPROVAL-People tend to accept what they see on the Internet as true and authentic. Don’t fear negative feedback, instead promote your business through positive comments.
- RESPOND AND KEEP A CONVERSATION-Keep your social media profiles alive by responding to users soon after they make comments or ask questions about your company and its products or services.
- BE TRANSPARENT-Companies must be open and honest about their social media practices. Consumers can tell if they are being influenced by corporate sales messages by reading the comments underneath any posts.
- DON’T CONTROL THE NEWS-The old saying “Control the news and you control the people” is true today when it comes to social media. If you don’t answer questions or respond to users or posts quickly, a negative impression will be left behind that could impact future customers and sales.
- USE HUMAN ELEMENTS-The use of branding elements is more effective on a social media platform. Using a blue “Facebook” or “Twitter” icon instead of a generic one can help you be more approachable.
- BE SHARED AND HELP PEOPLE- Social media works best when it is shared by others.
- LOAD YOUR USER LIST- A social media marketing campaign requires you to use your customer list. You should offer them a chance to be notified of upcoming promotions.
- POST YOUR PRODUCTS- While you may want to avoid making a sales pitch directly, you can discuss and promote the products or services that your company offers through pictures and other graphics. For help, get in touch with SEO Company Vancouver and get the best help.
- BE YOURSELF- Social media shouldn’t feel like a chore that needs to be done as part of some overarching corporate marketing strategy. Jumping into the conversation is important because it will lead to your customers feeling more connected to your brand.
- DON’T FOLLOW THE “RULES” OF SOCIAL MEDIA-You may want to post what seems like an appropriate message or picture on your social media page.
- LEND A HELPING HAND- If someone asks a question or wants help, answer them. And make them feel like they have the power by suggesting solutions around the problem.
- TAKE TIME TO ANALYZE- Don’t forget to look back every once in a while to see how things are going and what your customers think. You may need to make changes based on the feedback you receive.
- KNOW WHEN TO KEEP QUIET- Instead of waiting for people to give you feedback, make your own decisions on how things are going and get more involved whenever you want. Remember that social media gives you more power than many other promotional strategies when used right.
- KEEP AN OPEN MIND- Social media platforms give you the ability to connect with your customers on a new level. That’s why they are successful marketing tools.
16. HAVE A PROMOTIONAL AND COMMUNICATION PLAN- Your social media engagement will only be good if it includes updates and other promotional messages about your company and its products. Make sure that there is a plan for communication with any potential clients.
Social media is a powerful tool that can be used to market your brand. If you follow the advice in this article, you will soon be on your way to using social media marketing at its full potential. Remember that social media marketing does not have to cost you a lot of money. As long as you are consistent with the messages and campaigns, you will see results over time. For expert help, get in touch with SEO Company Vancouver and get the best help.