QuickBooks error 6147 stands at the top when it comes to the QuickBooks 6XXX series errors because many users often face it when trying to open their company files in QuickBooks Desktop. An error text might appear on the computer screen stating, “This is not a QuickBooks data file or there is a problem with the data file.” Dealing with such kinds of QuickBooks company file errors can be very tricky for users, especially for those who don’t have much technical expertise. Therefore, through this post, we have decided to explain to you the reasons that trigger QuickBooks error code 6147, along with all the possible troubleshooting solutions.
Getting frustrated with QuickBooks error 6147 and want to get it fixed instantly? If yes, please feel free to speak to our QuickBooks professionals at (855)-856-0042.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 6147?
It is noticed that QuickBooks error code 6147 occurs when the version of QuickBooks Desktop gets outdated. Though, there can be different reasons too behind its occurrence, like:
- There is some corruption in your QuickBooks company files.
How to get over QuickBooks error 6147 with safety?
Solution 1) Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop is updated to its latest release
- Choose the Windows Start icon.
- Search for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click the icon of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- On the No Company Open screen, move to the Help menu.
- Pick the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down list.
- Move to the Options tab and click on the Mark All option.
- Choose the Save button.
- Move on to the Update Now tab and then choose the Reset Update checkbox.
- Choose the Get Updates button to download the latest updates of your QuickBooks application.
- After downloading the QuickBooks updates, exit your QuickBooks application.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again and choose the Yes option on the Windows update installer screen.
- After installing the QuickBooks updates, reboot your computer.
Solution 2) Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Download the most recent version (22.214.171.124) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Double-select the downloaded file tiled QuickBooksToolHub.exe and go through the on-screen instructions.
- Accept the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select your company file.
- Choose the Check your file option (Only the middle one) and then hit the Continue button.
- Enter the QuickBooks Desktop admin password and then hit the Next button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to access your company file.
If you are unable to rectify QuickBooks error 6147 even with the help of the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions, then there is a chance that QuickBooks is unable to locate the company file on your computer. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to move your company file to a new place and then try to open it in QuickBooks Desktop. You can also take additional troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks error code 6147 from our QuickBooks expert team at (855)-856-0042.